The Dental Care Group is a fast paced state of the art dental practice with locations in Pembroke Pines and Aventura.
We are looking for Hygienist with previous experience to help us create beautiful and healthy smiles and be a part of providing our patients with high-quality dental care. Dental Hygienists are assigned duties and responsibilities which involve licensed professionals that work in providing dental hygiene services. A dental hygienist implements appropriate standards of care therapy, assists dentist in providing hygiene, and periodontal or dental care and treatment. They also provide dental hygiene assessments; create treatment plans based on dentist’s diagnosis, and conducts oral and overall health care education and instruction to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Assesses patient’s teeth, bone, and periodontal tissue; indicating the presence of any abnormalities or suspected diseases or conditions.
- Creates periodontal treatment plans based on dentist’s diagnosis.
- Brings suspected lesion in the mouth or teeth to the immediate attention of the dentist.
- Thoroughly removes soft and hard deposits and extrinsic stain from teeth, using hand instruments, ultrasonic cavitron inserts, and prophy handpieces.
- Instructs patients how to practice good oral hygiene; make recommendations as to appropriate products or devices for patient’s home care; and provides other health care education, as necessary.
- Performs prophylaxis in the absence of periodontal disease or gingivitis
- Dental hygienists must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Florida.
- Anesthesia Certified.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Must have strong computer skills and digital x-ray knowledge
Must be fluent in speaking English/ Spanish helpful but not required.